13 Times Sabrina Carpenter
As BFFs Riley and Maya on Disney Channel's ' Girl Meets World ,' Rowan Blanchard and Sabrina Carpenter are incredibly close on and off set. In fact, Sabrina even wrote an entire song about her best friend Row. (It's called ' Seamless ,' it's just as beautiful as you could imagine.)
Sabrina and Rowan aren't just the epitome of #friendshipgoals -- they're pretty much our inspirations for everything. From practicing self-love to following our dreams, these teens aren't just taking on the world together, they're changing it.
Here are 13 times Sabrina and Rowan inspired us to take on the world and be our best selves:
- When Rowan taught us all a very important lesson about feminism. https://instagram.com/p/7WdqS_JdfP/?taken-by=rowanblanchard
When a Tumblr user asked her about 'white feminism,' Rowan responded by penning a thoughtful essay about the importance of intersectional feminism and how women of different backgrounds experience inequality in different ways.
''White feminism' forgets all about intersectional feminism,' Rowan wrote. 'The way a black woman experiences sexism and inequality is different from the way a white woman experiences sexism and inequality. Likewise with trans-women and Hispanic women.'
Rowan received a collective round of applause from the internet for her powerful and moving essay -- and she even got her idol Emma Watson's seal of approval .
- When Sabrina covered Alessia Cara's 'Here' and blew us away. https://instagram.com/p/7W3ceJs1zL/?taken-by=sabrinacarpenter
We first fell in love with Sabrina's voice when she released 'Can't Blame a Girl For Trying' two years ago. Before landing a role on 'Girl Meets World,' she developed quite the online following for her YouTube covers of songs by Adele, Christina Aguilera and Vanessa Carlton. We're happy to see she's still covering our favorite songs.
- When Rowan paired her Giamba dress with Vans and looked amazing. https://instagram.com/p/6eGKtspdXA/?taken-by=rowanblanchard
We love that Rowan is so fearless with her style. She inspires us to take similar risks. (Tbh, Vans look good with everything.)
- When Sabrina showed us what #SquadGoals actually meant. https://instagram.com/p/6CFdYrs1xA/?taken-by=sabrinacarpenter
We've never wanted to join a squad more. Seriously! Sorry, Taylor Swift. We love that Sabrina surrounds herself with other successful young talents.
- When Rowan stood up for HeForShe. https://instagram.com/p/4cZxdgJdTx/?taken-by=rowanblanchard
Earlier this summer, the 13-year-old 'Girl Meets World' star spoke at the UN Women's annual conference about gender inequality.
- When Rowan sobbed unicorn tears in Diagon Alley. https://instagram.com/p/5TPXngpdX7/?taken-by=rowanblanchard
Rowan proved that she was one of us when she ventured to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and cried 'unicorn tears.' Same, girl. SAME. Honestly, how could you not?
- When Sabrina celebrated inner beauty. https://instagram.com/p/5BEmsYs143/?taken-by=sabrinacarpenter
'I've never paid too much attention to what other people have said or to what other people have tried to make me be,' Sabrina told MTV News in August. 'I’ve always just tried to be myself, which is such a weird thing to say. As a teenage girl, it’s like, who are you? That’s what you ask yourself every single day. I just try to live in the moment. I might not know who I was yesterday or who I’m going to be tomorrow, but I know who I am right now.'
- When Rowan preached self-love and positivity. https://instagram.com/p/2AbmDzJdeI/?taken-by=rowanblanchard
Row has turned her social media presence into the warmest and cuddliest of spaces for her followers, where spreads the good word of positivity and empathy when we all need it most.
- When Sabrina followed her dreams. https://instagram.com/p/7V65vQs14t/?taken-by=sabrinacarpenter
AND RELEASED AN ALBUM. Homegirl is a talented singer, songwriter and musician --and she's incredibly driven. So much so, she's currently working on her sophomore album.
- When Rowan was all of us reading 'Perks of Being a Wallflower.' https://instagram.com/p/1HYgWSJdVh/?taken-by=rowanblanchard
Rowan is an advocate for education and an avid reader. 'Reading is so important,' she tweeted last year. 'Books are so important. Authors that seem to get exactly what your feeling are so important. Read, read, and read.'
- When Sabrina invented a whole new way of swimming. https://instagram.com/p/6_KSRAM12f/?taken-by=sabrinacarpenter
She's so innovative! Plus, her hair is way to perfect to get wet.
- When Rowan made this ENTIRE pie. https://instagram.com/p/zvmFJlJdTl/?taken-by=rowanblanchard
Now, that's some serious talent right there. We'd take a baking class with Rowan any day.
- When Sabrina made us get in touch with our artistic side. https://instagram.com/p/zk2dNGM1wS/?taken-by=sabrinacarpenter
Is this anything this girl can't do? No? OK. Just checking. In all seriousness, it's amazing how both Sabrina and Rowan embrace their artistic sides. Sabrina has been described as an old soul -- a trait she references in her hit single 'Eyes Wide Open' -- and with talents and interests like this, it's easy to see why. You don't need to be able to color inside the lines to create art. Art is what you make of it, and as long as you're having fun, who cares what it looks like!