15 Avril Lavigne Lyrics That Got You When You Were Kid
Just admit it -- you wore a tie at one point in your life because of Avril Lavigne .
Whether you were a die-hard fan with posters on your walls and armbands on your wrists, or if you just rocked out to 'Sk8er Boi' when it came on the radio, Lavigne had a place in your childhood. When you were feeling angsty or misunderstood, her lyrics said what you were feeling. So pop your Let Go CD into your Walkman and let's revisit the words that just GOT YOU:
- 'You don't know me/ Don't ignore me' - 'Unwanted'
Perfect for: when you were trying to make a joke in the cafeteria and it didn't land and then you questioned your entire ability to have friends.
- 'Why do you have to go and make things so complicated?/ I see the way you're acting like you're somebody else, gets me frustrated' - 'Complicated' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NPBIwQyPWE
Perfect for: when you were at the mall and your friends wanted to go to American Eagle and you were like, 'Dude, c'mon, you're not like them. Let's go to Zumiez.'
- 'Right now I feel invisible to you, like I'm not real' - 'Losing Grip'
Perfect for: when you passed your crush in the hallway and they didn't even acknowledge you.
- 'No, I just don't understand why you won't talk to me/ It hurts that I'm so unwanted for nothing' - 'Unwanted'
Perfect for: when your boyfriend was supposed to be IMing you and his away message didn't even say what he was up to.
- 'I don't know how I'll feel/ tomorrow, tomorrow' - 'Tomorrow'
Perfect for: when you had to change your mind about liking Britney Spears.
- 'Gimme a little time/ Leave me alone a little while' - 'Tomorrow'
Perfect for: when your mom and dad told you to go to your room and you were like, 'Surely! And I'm never coming out!!!!'
- 'Sometimes I get so weird/ I even freak myself out' - 'Anything But Ordinary'
Perfect for: when you were just such a weirdo that nobody understood you -- not even yourself.
- 'Somebody rip my heart out/ And leave me here to bleed' - 'Anything But Ordinary'
Perfect for: when your friend started going out with your ex-boyfriend a month after he broke up with you.
- 'I'm feelin' nervous/ Tryin' to be so perfect/ 'Cause I know you're worth it/ You're worth it, yeah' - 'Things I'll Never Say'
Perfect for: when you were trying to get your first kiss, but the dude was super clueless.
- 'If I could say what I want to see/ I want to see you go down on one knee/ Marry me today' - 'Things I'll Never Say' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvt5Q7Jeo5U
Perfect for: when you wanted to marry him but didn't want to sound like a crazy person because you were only 14.
- 'In this head my thoughts are deep/ But sometimes I can't even speak' - 'My World'
Perfect for: when you were writing in your diary and you were thinking, 'Sh--, people need to hear my views on the world.'
- 'There is more than meets the eye/ I see the soul that is inside' - 'Sk8er Boi' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIy3n2b7V9k
Perfect for: when your parents didn't like your boyfriend because he smoked, but you just wanted them to like him.
- 'It's a damn cold night/ Trying to figure out this life/ Won't you take me by the hand?/ Take me somewhere new/ I don't know who you are/ But I... I'm with you' - 'I'm With You' https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGR65RWwzg8
Perfect for: when you were at the school dance and your friends were being lame and you just wanted to hang out in the bathroom.
- 'I'm not the milk and Cheerios in your spoon' - 'Nobody's Fool'
Perfect for: anytime. This lyric is awesome.
- 'I thought you were cool until the point/ But up until the point you didn't call me/ When you said you would' - 'Too Much To Ask'
Perfect for: when your crush forgot to call you after school.