16 Times Taylor Swifts Posture Was Nearly Inhuman
Taylor Swift has a lot of things that people can be envious of -- money, fame, talent, weight in the industry, the ability to wear red lipstick without looking like a doofus, etc. But among those things are great posture, which I first noticed on 1989 's release day way back in 2014.
It was Oct. 27, and the ~iconic~ album had filled our pre-orders eight hours before. Taylor was on 'Good Morning America,' sporting a peter pan collar, a shinily coiffed bob and neat black pumps, her legs crossed as she abruptly smashed a fly between her hands. Do you remember this?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWSvOrPeP44
Her posture during every interview in the 1989 era looked as such -- apart from the fly incident -- legs gently crossed, back straighter than adult Forrest Gump and her lips in a perfect purse.
Say goodbye to this TS:Paul Drinkwater/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
Now look at her! She's got the poise of a wax figure!Matthias Nareyek/Getty Images
If you think I'm being ridiculous, you're probably correct. But I'm not the only one that has taken notice of Taylor's posture before. Fans seem pretty divided about it on Twitter:
Just a short disclaimer before we begin: I've always thought the over-analyzation of women's appearances was distasteful and sexist, but this is not that. Swift keeps a careful eye on her image, and this is just one of the ways she guards her graceful composure.
Yeah, she always lets loose (it wouldn't be an award show without an awkward Taylor dance ), but you gotta admit, Swift really can pull it together. She can go 100 to 0 real quick.
- She's a human statue. Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic
- An IRL figurine.
- It's like she practices with a bucket of water on her head.
- Look at the way she handles awards.
- Seriously, her hand is like a robot extension.
- She has hands to delicately handle any accolade.
- Don't even get me started on the way she holds her handbag .
- During interviews, she's always sitting up straight. Lloyd Bishop/NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
- *Places hands comfortably in lap*
- Truly amazing.
- At awards shows? Poised AF.
- Even during basketball games, chatting it up with Ben Stiller, she is poised.
How can one be so poised? Illuminati?