2008 Oscar Winners List
Here's the full list of winners and nominees for the 80th annual Academy Awards, and get your Oscar fix with our show report , live blog , our look behind the scenes and two different fashion reports , including a live blog from Sweet P of 'Project Runway'!
Best Motion Picture
WINNER: 'No Country for Old Men'
· 'Michael Clayton'
· 'There Will Be Blood'
Performance By An Actor In A Leading Role
WINNER: Daniel Day-Lewis in 'There Will Be Blood'
· George Clooney in 'Michael Clayton'
· Johnny Depp in 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street'
· Tommy Lee Jones in 'In the Valley of Elah'
· Viggo Mortensen in 'Eastern Promises'
Performance By An Actress In A Leading Role
WINNER: Marion Cotillard in 'La Vie en Rose'
· Cate Blanchett in 'Elizabeth: The Golden Age'
· Julie Christie in 'Away From Her'
· Laura Linney in 'The Savages'
· Ellen Page in 'Juno'
| Stars At The 2008 Academy Awards Show |
| George Clooney, Jessica Alba Hit The 2008 Oscars Red Carpet |
Performance By An Actor In A Supporting Role
WINNER: Javier Bardem in 'No Country for Old Men'
· Casey Affleck in 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford'
· Philip Seymour Hoffman in 'Charlie Wilson's War'
· Hal Holbrook in 'Into the Wild'
· Tom Wilkinson in 'Michael Clayton'
Performance By An Actress In A Supporting Role
WINNER: Tilda Swinton in 'Michael Clayton'
· Cate Blanchett in 'I'm Not There'
· Ruby Dee in 'American Gangster'
· Saoirse Ronan in 'Atonement'
· Amy Ryan in 'Gone Baby Gone'
Achievement In Directing
WINNER: Joel Coen and Ethan Coen for 'No Country for Old Men'
· Julian Schnabel for 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly'
· Jason Reitman for 'Juno'
· Tony Gilroy for 'Michael Clayton'
· Paul Thomas Anderson for 'There Will Be Blood'
WINNER: 'No Country for Old Men' by Joel Coen and Ethan Coen
· 'Atonement' by Christopher Hampton
· 'Away From Her' by Sarah Polley
· 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly' by Ronald Harwood
· 'There Will Be Blood' by Paul Thomas Anderson
WINNER: 'Juno' by Diablo Cody
· 'Lars and the Real Girl' by Nancy Oliver
· 'Michael Clayton' by Tony Gilroy
· 'Ratatouille' by Brad Bird, Jan Pinkava and Jim Capobianco
· 'The Savages' by Tamara Jenkins
Achievement In Music Written For Motion Pictures (Original Song)
WINNER: Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova for 'Falling Slowly' from 'Once'
· Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz for 'Happy Working Song' from 'Enchanted'
· Jamal Joseph, Charles Mack and Tevin Thomas for 'Raise It Up' from 'August Rush'
· Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz for 'So Close' from 'Enchanted'
· Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz for 'That's How You Know' from 'Enchanted'
Achievement In Music Written For Motion Pictures (Original Score)
WINNER: Dario Marianelli for 'Atonement'
· Alberto Iglesias for 'The Kite Runner'
· James Newton Howard for 'Michael Clayton'
· Michael Giacchino for 'Ratatouille'
· Marco Beltrami for '3:10 to Yuma'
Achievement In Cinematography
WINNER: Robert Elswit for 'There Will Be Blood'
· Roger Deakins for 'The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford'
· Seamus McGarvey for 'Atonement'
· Janusz Kaminski for 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly'
· Roger Deakins for 'No Country for Old Men'
Achievement In Film Editing
WINNER: Christopher Rouse for 'The Bourne Ultimatum'
· Juliette Welfling for 'The Diving Bell and the Butterfly'
· Jay Cassidy for 'Into the Wild'
· Roderick Jaynes for 'No Country for Old Men'
· Dylan Tichenor for 'There Will Be Blood'
Achievement In Costume Design
WINNER: Alexandra Byrne for 'Elizabeth: The Golden Age'
· Albert Wolsky for 'Across the Universe'
· Jacqueline Durran for 'Atonement'
· Marit Allen for 'La Vie en Rose'
· Colleen Atwood for 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street'
Achievement In Art Direction
WINNER: Dante Ferretti and Francesca Lo Schiavo for 'Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street'
· Arthur Max and Beth A. Rubino for 'American Gangster'
· Sarah Greenwood and Katie Spencer for 'Atonement'
· Dennis Gassner and Anna Pinnock for 'The Golden Compass'
· Jack Fisk and Jim Erickson for 'There Will Be Blood'
Best Animated Feature Film
· 'Surf's Up'
Best Animated Short Film
WINNER: 'Peter & the Wolf'
· 'I Met the Walrus'
· 'Madame Tutli-Putli'
· 'Même les Pigeons Vont au Paradis (Even Pigeons Go to Heaven)'
· 'My Love (Moya Lyubov)'
Best Live Action Short Film
WINNER: 'Le Mozart des Pickpockets (The Mozart of Pickpockets)'
· 'At Night'
· 'Il Supplente (The Substitute)'
· 'Tanghi Argentini'
· 'The Tonto Woman'
Best Documentary Feature
WINNER: 'Taxi to the Dark Side'
· 'No End in Sight'
· 'Operation Homecoming: Writing the Wartime Experience'
Best Documentary Short Subject
· 'La Corona (The Crown)'
· 'Salim Baba'
· 'Sari's Mother'
Best Foreign Language Film
WINNER: 'The Counterfeiters' (Austria)
· 'Beaufort' (Israel)
· 'Katyn' (Poland)
· 'Mongol' (Kazakhstan)
· '12' (Russia)
Achievement In Visual Effects
WINNER: Michael Fink, Bill Westenhofer, Ben Morris and Trevor Wood for 'The Golden Compass'
· John Knoll, Hal Hickel, Charles Gibson and John Frazier for 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End'
· Scott Farrar, Scott Benza, Russell Earl and John Frazier for 'Transformers'
Achievement In Makeup
WINNER: Didier Lavergne and Jan Archibald for 'La Vie en Rose'
· Rick Baker and Kazuhiro Tsuji for 'Norbit'
· Ve Neill and Martin Samuel for 'Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End'
Achievement In Sound Editing
WINNER: Karen Baker Landers and Per Hallberg for 'The Bourne Ultimatum'
· Skip Lievsay for 'No Country for Old Men'
· Randy Thom and Michael Silvers for 'Ratatouille'
· Christopher Scarabosio and Matthew Wood for 'There Will Be Blood'
· Ethan Van der Ryn and Mike Hopkins for 'Transformers'
Achievement In Sound Mixing
WINNER: Scott Millan, David Parker and Kirk Francis for 'The Bourne Ultimatum'
· Skip Lievsay, Craig Berkey, Greg Orloff and Peter Kurland for 'No Country for Old Men'
· Randy Thom, Michael Semanick and Doc Kanefor 'Ratatouille'
· Paul Massey, David Giammarco and Jim Stuebe for '3:10 to Yuma'
· Kevin O'Connell, Greg P. Russell and Peter J. Devlin for 'Transformers'
MTV News had the Academy Awards covered all night! Check out our live blog and our two different red-carpet fashion reports, including one from Sweet P of 'Project Runway' !