21 Unrealistic Expectations We Have About Cats Because Ofsailor Moon
If you were a big fan of ' Sailor Moon ' growing up, then we're guessing that you're totally a cat person. After all, that TV show made cats out to be the coolest best friends you could ever have. Who wouldn't want to be granted magic powers from a talking feline companion?
But even if you're now a bonafide cat lady, you've gotta admit: 'Sailor Moon' lied to us. Oh sure, we always knew our cats couldn't talk and probably weren't magic, but there's a lot of stuff we love about Luna, Artemis, and Diana that our own pets will just never be able to recreate. For example!
- They will stand still long enough for you to put band-aids on them.
Let's be real, that's never happened.
- They'll just follow you home one day and then you get to keep them.
No need for adoption!
- The presents they give you are things you would actually want.
I'll take a magic pen over a dead bird any day.
- They will wake you up when you're late for school.
More likely they will wake you up two hours earlier because they're hungry.
- They could totally help you fight crime.
Let's face it, if a burglar tries to rob you, your cat's not going to do anything about it.
- And they're really great at motivating you to do stuff.
Ever had a real cat on your lap? You never want to go anywhere.
- They can make friends for you by jumping on people.
Cats are great icebreakers, but probably not THAT great.
- They know how to use computers.
Most cats just sit on them, Luna.
- They're totally cool with basically being bean bags.
I can point to actual scars on my body from when I've tried to get my cat to sit on me like that. Obviously I was not successful.
- And they also can definitely go into public places with you.
Cats can hang out in diners and video game arcades, right?
- They're so independent that they don't need to be cared for.
Have you ever seen a scratching post or a litter box on 'Sailor Moon?' Of course not.
- They're as boy crazy as you are.
Good luck kissing someone without any lips, Luna.
- They make excellent hiding places.
No one can see you now.
- They eat with tiny forks.
Also, where does one obtain a cat-sized headset?
- They know exactly how to cheer you up.
With flowers, even!
- They can cry.
Good thing this isn't a real thing. How the heck do you console a cat?
- In fact, you can always tell what they're thinking.
If only cats were so expressive in real life.
- If two cats have a baby, it looks like both of them mashed together.
Pretty sure that's not how genetics work?
- They can pretty much live forever.
How old are Luna and Artemis by the end of the series, like... 2000?
- They are totally judging you when you freak out about dieting.
Unlike mean Luna, real cats don't care what weight you are.
- In fact they are definitely judging you at every opportunity.
Actually, that last one's real. Cats totally do that.