40 Reasons Whythe 40 Year Old Virginstill Cracks You Up 10 Years Later
Ten years ago, the world met Andy Stitzer , an accomplished tuba player, video game master, action figure collector, figurine painter, egg salad aficionado, and virgin.
That's right: ' The 40-Year-Old Virgin ' turns 10 years old today. Feeling a little old? You're not alone. Let's work through our issues together by celebrating 40 things we still love about Judd Apatow 's directorial debut, all these years later:
- Dawn of the Planet of the Apatow
The comedian's directorial debut marked the beginning of a modern comedy age that's brought us movies like 'Superbad,' 'Bridesmaids' and more, not to mention Apatow's own directorial efforts like 'Knocked Up' and 'Trainwreck.'
- Steve Carell Becomes A Leading Man
With Andy Stitzer, Carell found his first major non-TV role, and has been doing amazing (and absurd) things ever since.
- Seth Rogen's Coming Out Party
All it took was one awful story about a Mexican horse.
- Everything Romany Malco
He's insecure! Can't you tell?
- Paul Rudd Rules
Did you hear he's celibate now?
- The Throne of Games
'Get some road burn! Come on, suckaaaaa!'
- Tough Love
It's all over this movie.
- Hell is an Endless Michael McDonald Loop
'I would rather listen to Fran Drescher for eight hours than have to listen to Michael McDonald.'
- Andy's Awesome Action Figure Collection
'He sold his old toys over half a million dollars! We gotta get some f—ing toys!'
- Andy's Egg Salad sounds pretty good!
Cool Hand Luke approved.
- Karaoke Night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzXUpGb-eMs
'Now pretty ladies, around the world, got a WEIRD thing to show ya—'
- Jane Lynch Looms Large
'You ever heard the term f--- buddy?'
- Smart Tech Poker Night
An epic event that gives us so much gold, including three little words…
- 'BAGS OF SAND???'
Close enough, Andy.
- Seriously, Michael McDonald is Hell.
- The Fleshy Patch
You know what that is.
- Catherine Keener Is A Hot Grandma
But her phone call etiquette needs some work.
- The Kat Dennings Debut
She's a long way from 'Meow-Meow,' but she'll get there. Speaking of Thor…
- 'Do you want me to dress up like Thor???'
'I'll dress up like Thor!!!'
- Take it to the Elizabeth Banks
'I wanna shave your head.'
- Andy's Pick-Up Lines
They are absurd. For example…
- 'We have a great section of do-it-yourself…'
'Do you like to… do it yourself?'
- 'Uh, sometimes, if the mood strikes?'
'How is the mood striking you now?' The worst.
- Kevin Hart v Romany Malco
- 'Life is about people. It's about connections.'
Beautiful thoughts from Mooj … right before he starts saying all the wrong things.
- 'Get your freak on.'
The scariest Missy Elliott music video of all time.
- The 'Survivor' Shout-Out
Two different shout-outs, I'll add! AND it's not even dated, because the show is STILL on and STILL awesome! Take that, 'Survivor' haters!
MICHAEL MCDONALD IS HELL.
- 'You know how I know you're…'
You know what, never mind. This gag does not hold up well.
- Andy gets waxed.
'This is not a good look for me.'
- The guys wax on.
Yeah, this is how I would react, too.
- 'How many pots have you smoken???'
Andy Stitzer is an easy drunk.
- The Baby Genius Reference
When Andy sees Jay's girlfriend's ultrasound, he asks, 'Is this the movie about babies that are geniuses?' And I die, because one of the quickest ways to my heart is a good, unexpected 'Baby Genius' reference.
- Jonah Hill Loves Shoes
Don't ask why.
- Life Lessons Learned At The Health Clinic
Mostly because that little idiot Seth is the best/worst.
- The Billboard Battle
'There were two sides to that billboard, and they both hurt equally!'
- Andy's Confession
'I'm a virgin. I always have been.'
- The Best Minute Of Andy Stitzer's Life
Let's try that again.
- The Age of Aquarius
Harmony and understanding!
- 'All right, that's enough. Party's over.'
'Let the virgin get back to work.'