9 Things You Think You Know About Cars Frompimp My Ride
I learned everything I know about cars from two things: the 'Fast & Furious' franchise and ' Pimp My Ride .' (Full disclosure: I live in New York City and don't even have a driver's license.)
While the former certainly taught me about all the haps under the hood -- and that cars can go really effing fast with the right engine -- 'Pimp My Ride' was all about style over substance. You want an Xbox engineered into the interior of your car? Cool, well how about three and a mini fridge?! In fact, the more ridiculous, the better.
'Pimp My Ride' may not have always been practical, but Xzibit and co. always made things fun. Not to mention there was a legitimate period in my life where I thought I, too, could own a car with a bamboo floor. Here are nine things we thought we knew about cars thanks to 'Pimp My Ride.'
- The engine doesn't really matter, does it? Giphy
Fun fact: 'Pimp My Ride' didn’t fix any mechanical issues; they just focused on cosmetic enhancements. But that's OK. We still judge our books by their covers, you know? Who cares if it doesn't actually run!
- You're only as cool as your custom rims. Giphy
Bonus pimp points for spinners.
- Obviously, you need a mini fridge in your glove compartment. Giphy
Because sometimes all you want is a nice cold bottle of water on your drive home.
- You def need a minimum of five monitors in your trunk. Giphy
It's a basic requirement on 'Pimp My Ride' -- and in life.
- Your car can technically be any color, but the brighter and more obnoxious the better. Complex
How else are the police going to see you coming from a mile away?
- It's all about that bass -- no, really. Giphy
If your sound system is weak, you definitely can't hang.
- You can totally have three Xboxes hooked up in your car. AMC Networks
Pretty cool, right? Now you just have to worry about getting 12 friends to play with you.
- The most important part of a car is its interior. Giphy
Leather or bust.
- Flaming exhaust pipes, while cool, are definitely illegal. Giphy
The only cosmetic enhancement the 'Pimp My Ride' crew had to take back.