99 Taylor Swift Breakup Lyrics
Taylor Swift has a song for every relationship — the soul mates who grew up together, the friendship that blossomed into something more, the ex who stabbed you in the back, and so on. Whatever emotional bliss or hell your heart is feeling, you can trust that Tay has something to sing about it. So now that she's dealing with her own breakup from Calvin Harris , it's time to revisit her most heartbreaking lyrics.
Here are 99 lines from all five of Tay's records -- from her self-titled debut in 2006 to 2014's unforgettable 1989 .
1. 'You never loved me, or her, or anyone, or anything' — 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
2. 'You call me up again just to break me like a promise, so casually cruel in the name of being honest' — 'All Too Well'
3. 'I know you by heart, and you don’t even know where I start' — 'Come in With the Rain'
4. 'You got your share of secrets, and I'm tired of being last to know' — 'You're Not Sorry'
5. 'It rains when you're here and it rains when you're gone' — 'Forever & Always'
6. 'Something keeps me holding on to nothing' — 'Haunted'
7. 'A new notch in your belt is all I'll ever be' — 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
8. 'I forget about you long enough to forget why I needed to' — 'All Too Well'
9. 'I can't say hello to you and risk another goodbye' — 'I Almost Do'
10. 'You give me everything and nothing' — 'I Wish You Would'
11. '‘I'm sorry, I didn't make it.' And I said, ‘I'm sorry too.'' — 'The Moment I Knew'
12. 'When you take, you take the very best of me' — 'Cold As You'
13. 'She's got everything that I have to live without' — 'Teardrops on My Guitar'
14. 'Was it worth it? Was she worth this?' — 'Should've Said No'
15. 'You can’t see me wanting you the way you want her' — 'Invisible'
16. 'I was a dreamer before you went and let me down' — 'White Horse'
17. 'You tell me that you want me, then cut me down' — 'Tell Me Why'
18. 'You are an expert at sorry and keeping lines blurry' — 'Dear John'
19. 'This is looking like a contest of who can act like they care less' — 'The Story of Us'
20. 'I never planned on you changing your mind' — 'Last Kiss'
21. 'This is the last time I'm asking you this, put my name at the top of your list' — 'The Last Time'
22. 'Time is taking its sweet time erasing you' — 'Sad Beautiful Tragic'
23. 'This is falling for you when you are worlds away' — 'Come Back...Be Here'
24. 'Say you'll see me again, even if it's just pretend' — 'Wildest Dreams'
25. 'I'll put his picture down and maybe get some sleep tonight' — 'Teardrops on My Guitar'
26. 'You do what you want 'cause I'm not what you wanted' — 'Cold As You'
27. 'All I think about is how to make you think of me' — 'Invisible'
28. 'When I left, I wanted you to chase after me' — 'The Other Side of the Door'
29. 'I can't breathe without you, but I have to' — 'Breathe'
30. 'I lived in your chess game, but you changed the rules every day' — 'Dear John'
31. 'The story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now' — 'The Story of Us'
32. 'Something's made your eyes go cold' — 'Haunted'
33. 'I don't know how to be something you miss' — 'Last Kiss'
34. 'If this was a movie, you'd be here by now' — 'If This Was a Movie'
35. 'Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song' — 'Red'
36. 'I'll watch your life in pictures like I used to watch you sleep' — 'Last Kiss'
37. 'I hope you know that every time I don’t, I almost do' — 'I Almost Do'
38. 'You break my heart in the blink of an eye' — 'The Last Time'
39. 'Standing there in my party dress in red lipstick, with no one to impress' — 'The Moment I Knew'
40. 'I guess you didn't care, and I guess I liked that' — 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
41. 'I start a fight 'cause I need to feel something' — 'Cold As You'
42. 'I'm not a princess, this ain't a fairy tale' — 'White Horse'
43. 'You taught me 'bout your past, thinking your future was me' — 'All Too Well'
44. 'You held your pride like you should've held me' — 'The Story of Us'
45. 'I'm not much for dancing, but for you I did' — 'Last Kiss'
46. 'You've got your demons, and darling, they all look like me' — 'Sad Beautiful Tragic'
47. 'We're a crooked love in a straight line down' — 'I Wish You Would'
48. 'We woke up to find that summer gone' — 'Tim McGraw'
49. 'We were built to fall apart, then fall back together' — 'Out of the Woods'
50. 'Nothing lasts forever but this is getting good now' — 'Wildest Dreams'
51. 'In the end, in Wonderland we both went mad.' — 'Wonderland'
52. 'You're still all over me like a wine-stained dress I can't wear anymore' — 'Clean'
53. 'You chase down the newest thing and take for granted what you have' — 'Girl At Home'
54. 'He can't keep his wild eyes on the road' — 'Style'
55. 'What do you do when the one who means the most to you is the one who didn't show?' — 'The Moment I Knew'
56. 'Why would you wanna break a perfectly good heart?' — 'A Perfectly Good Heart'
57. 'I've never been anywhere cold as you' — 'Cold As You'
58. 'He leaves you out like a penny in the rain' — 'Tied Together with a Smile'
59. 'You're the only thing I know like the back of my hand' — 'Breathe'
60. 'You could write a book on how to ruin someone's perfect day' — 'Tell Me Why'
61. 'You come away with a great little story of a mess of a dreamer with the nerve to adore you' — 'Cold As You'
62. 'People are people, and sometimes we change our minds' — 'Breathe'
63. 'It turns out freedom ain't nothing but missing you' — 'Back to December'
64. 'I've never heard silence quite this loud' — 'The Story of Us'
65. 'It takes everything in me not to call you' — 'I Almost Do'
66. 'If I had known what I'd known now, I never would have played so nonchalant' — 'Come Back...Be Here'
67. 'Someday when you leave me, I bet these memories follow you around' — 'Wildest Dreams'
68. 'I should have slept with one eye open at night' — 'Wonderland'
69. 'When you're 15, don't forget to look before you fall' — 'Fifteen'
70. 'I could go back to every laugh, but I don’t wanna go there anymore' — 'Come in With the Rain'
71. 'She can’t see the way your eyes light up when you smile' — 'Invisible'
72. 'You used to shine so bright, but I watched all of it fade' — 'You're Not Sorry'
73. 'Now it's too late for you and your white horse to catch me now' — 'White Horse'
74. 'You gave me roses and I left them there to die' — 'Back to December'
75. 'No amount of vintage dresses gives you dignity' — 'Better Than Revenge'
76. 'I'm gonna find someone someday who might actually treat me well' — 'White Horse'
77. 'Band-aids don't fix bullet holes' — 'Bad Blood'
78. 'She took him faster than you could say sabotage' — 'Better Than Revenge'
79. 'Every smile you fake is so condescending' — 'Cold As You'
80. 'Coming back around here would be bad for your health' — 'Picture to Burn'
81. 'You should've said no, baby, and you might still have me' — 'Should've Said No'
82. 'No use defending words that you will never say' — 'Cold As You'
83. 'I still see it all in my head in burning red' — 'Red'
84. 'If we loved again, I swear I'd love you right' — 'Back to December'
85. 'Just because you're clean don't mean you don't miss it' — 'Clean'
86. 'You might have him, but I always get the last word' — 'Better Than Revenge'
87. 'What a rainy ending given to a perfect day' — 'Cold As You'
88. 'You would hide away and find your peace of mind with some indie record that's much cooler than mine' — 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
89. 'If you come around saying sorry to me, my daddy's gonna show you how sorry you'll be' — 'Picture to Burn'
90. 'When we go crashing down, we come back every time' — 'Style'
91. 'I realize you love yourself more than you could ever love me' — 'Picture to Burn'
92. 'My heart's not breaking, ’cause I'm not feeling anything at all' — 'The Way I Loved You'
93. 'I’m shining like fireworks over your sad, empty town' — 'Dear John'
94. 'People like me are gone forever when you say goodbye' — 'All You Had to Do Was Stay'
95. 'There's nothing stopping me from going out with all of your best friends' — 'Picture to Burn'
96. 'For the first time what's past is past' — 'Begin Again'
97. 'The monsters turned out to be just trees' — 'Out of the Woods'
98. 'We are never, ever, ever getting back together' — 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together'
99. 'I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you' — 'Long Live'