Adele Britney Spears
It all started with a quick off-the-cuff remark in an interview: 'I’d like to see Britney in Vegas.'
With that sentence, Adele unleashed a juggernaut-sized union between two of the absolute monarchs of pop music. During her ' first interview in forever ' with i-D magazine in late October, Adele casually mentioned she'd like to catch Britney Spears ' Las Vegas residency show -- as, you know, Britney is a huge influence on her. Britney was into the idea .
In fact, ever since Adele popped back up this fall in advance of her album 25 , the two icons have indirectly exchanged praise back and forth a few times. And we've gotten to see it all unfold. ???
- Round One: Adele wants Britney tickets. https://instagram.com/p/9ORLsSAfEH/
Adele told i-D magazine that she'd love to see Britney in Vegas after the interviewer simply asked, 'What's next?'
- Round Two: Britney offers said tickets . https://twitter.com/britneyspears/status/659132695889518592
'I’ll trade you 2 tickets to my show for 2 tickets to YOURS!' Brit said, initiating a tradeoff that's only fair.
- Round Three: Adele hangs with Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone. Josiah Kamau/Getty Images
But why wasn't Britney invited ? Probably because of that whole Vegas residency thing, actually.
- Round Four: Adele breaks Britney's (and everyone else's) sales record . Giphy
Her third album, 25 , shattered every first-week sales record in recorded history, including those for Britney's ...Baby One More Time and Oops!... I Did It Again .
- Round Five: Britney celebrates Adele's success with a stunning spin move . https://instagram.com/p/-p1pehm8CN/
'I could dance to this song a MILLION times... love you @adele!' she wrote in the caption.
- Round Six: Hypothetical playdate with the kids. https://instagram.com/p/7jq8c2m8OG/?taken-by=britneyspears
Can we make this happen? I mean, really. When's the last time you heard of the kids of pop royalty playing together? Yeah, I know Britney's kids, Sean and Jayden, are almost 10 and Adele's son, Angelo, is still a toddler -- but it doesn't matter. Let the moms have a night out for once, gosh!
- Round Seven: Hypothetical team-up collab/global tour. Getty Images
One can dream.