Beyonc S Super Bowlformationlights Up Halftime Field
The Pepsi Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show was expected to be just as much of an event as the game itself, with Coldplay headlining with a little (OK, a lot of) help from Beyoncé and Bruno Mars , and holy football did the trio deliver on a dozen minutes of pure entertainment.
The fellas were solid starters for the show, of course, what with all of those flower children parading about during Coldplay's 'Viva La Vida,' 'Paradise' and 'Adventure of a Lifetime' set and Bruno's swagger-filled performance Uptown Funk,' but it was basically Bey Day at Levi’s Stadium on Sunday, February 7 the second she set foot on astro turf and came in with her game-winning stage play.
- Because first of all, yes, she did break out her winning new 'Formation.' CBS
Beyoncé was already pretty much owning this weekend after she dropped her newest track complete with instantly iconic dance moves and slick 'hot sauce in my bag' swag, and she made good and sure that number would be forever drilled into our minds and hearts when she brought it all onto the field tonight. Which is a good thing, too, because Bey just announced her 'Formation' World Tour in sync with the show.
- Her costume was a direct tribute to Michael Jackson's Super Bowl performance. Getty Images
Jackson's Super Bowl XXVII performance ranks among the most iconic ever, and Bey paid tribute to that with her cross-body metal gear.
- And she gave everyone at home that smile that said, 'yeah, I know you were watching just for me.' CBS
Bow down, world.
- Her hair flips were as perfectly timed as ever. CBS
We are not worthy.
- She literally dropped it like it was hot ('cause it was). CBS
What? Did you think she was gonna fall? Pssssh.
- She also took on Bruno Mars in one epic show-down and everybody won. CBS
One of our biggest wish list items for the night (kinda) came true! The Carolina Panthers and the Denver Broncos might've been the ones duking it out for the night's biggest prize, but it was all B versus B during the halftime show as they had a quick staring contest on the stage.
- B closed it out by sharing the stage like the graceful queen that she is. Getty Images
During Coldplay's 'Fix You,' the show paid tribute to notable Super Bowl artists past, and then the band re-teamed with Bey and Bruno for their closer, 'Up&Up.'
- That's when they all reminded us to believe in ❤️❤️❤️ with a little visual aid from the crowd. https://twitter.com/NFLonCBS/status/696510227844190212
And that is how it's done ( again ).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwfXUzON9uI&feature=youtu.be