Forget Brunette Niall Horan Say Hello Buzzed Liam Payne
One Direction ’s year-long hiatus ( or maybe breakup ?) presents the ideal time for the guys to reinvent themselves. That’s perhaps why, earlier this week, Niall Horan sent fans into a tizzy when he stepped out sporting what’s possibly a brand new dye job (brunette Niall rises!).
But you know what? Forget Niall for now — because one of his own bandmates has swopped in and stolen the style thunder with a hair transformation of his own.
On Thursday (Jan. 14), Liam Payne showed off his new buzzcut on Instagram with a pouty, I woke up like this selfie that’s simply captioned, Morning.https://www.instagram.com/p/BAiDpZHA1Z4/
This isn’t the first time the 22-year-old has pulled a Nick Jonas (or even a Zayn Malik ) and ditched his longer locks — he debuted a similar shorter ‘do in 2012.
Kevin Kane/Getty Images
So… with two 1D members changing up their looks this week, when can we expect Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson to follow suit? Well, Harry revealed in December that he’s planning on growing his curly locks out until they’re long enough to donate to charity. As for Louis, he pulls off that rolled-out-of-bed look quite nicely, so we’re hoping no drastic makeovers are in sight for him. After all, he’s due to become a dad soon — surely that’ll be enough change to last him a while?!
Anyway, take a look at Liam’s hair transformation over the years below, and let us know in the comments which look you dig most!
- 2010: Bieber-esque, side-swept fringe. Gareth Cattermole/Getty Images
- 2011: Curls galore! Jon Furniss/Getty Images
- 2012: Buzzed and beautiful. Peter Kramer/Getty Images
- 2013: A baby coif is birthed, along with some brand new facial hair. Ian Gavan/Getty Images
- 2014: Side-swept to perfection. Dave J Hogan/Getty Images
- 2015: In-your-face mini mohawk with some serious scruff to match. Getty Images
- 2016: Short, sweet and still sexy. https://www.instagram.com/p/BAiDpZHA1Z4/