Harry Potter Actors Mourn Loss Wand Master Ollivander
The year 2017 has already claimed another beloved celeb this month. Veteran British actor John Hurt passed away Wednesday (January 25) at 77 years old. While he's revered for his roles in Alien , The Elephant Man , and V for Vendetta , millennials knew him better as Garrick Ollivander, the man who sold Harry Potter his first wand in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone .
Hurt reprised his role in both parts of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows , and members of the wizarding squad reacted to his death on social media.
- J.K. Rowling https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/825236955998912512
- Bonnie Wright (Ginny Weasley) https://twitter.com/thisisbwright/status/825176055266684928
- Devon Murray (Seamus Finnegan) https://twitter.com/DevonMMurray/status/825338344926220290
- Sean Biggerstaff (Oliver Wood) https://twitter.com/Seanchuckle/status/825162108123959296
- Lee Ingleby (Stan Shunpike) https://twitter.com/leeingleby/status/825269660929183744
- Rohan Gotobed (Young Sirius Black) https://twitter.com/Rohan_Gotobed/status/825263559382818816
- Sam Clemmett (Albus Potter in Cursed Child ) https://twitter.com/sam_clemmett/status/825285163978485761
- Chris Columbus (director of Sorcerer's Stone and Chamber of Secrets ) https://www.instagram.com/p/BPy92w8gaxi/