Let Rock Inspire You Be Your Best Self
On this day, 43 years ago, the universe was #blessed with a force so strong, so magnificent that a joyful noise erupted from the sky in celebration: Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson was born.
The Rock is pretty much unstoppable. He can take down drones with a flick of the wrist (er, ambulance?), squash giant fire ants with the power of his perfect chiseled chin and even punch earthquakes right in the face! (Okay, so we haven't seen ' San Andreas ' yet, but we're pretty confident that will happen.) With so many incredible feats under his Championship belt, there's no other guy we'd rather have on our squad.
But perhaps the greatest thing Johnson has ever done is inspire others to be their best selves. He can also make miracles happen , too. In fact, if it weren't for The Rock, we'd barely make it out of bed in the morning. Here's how some of Johnson's most inspirational quotes can get you through the day.
- You wake up feeling #overit. Universal Pictures
'Be the person that when your feet touch the floor in the morning the devil says, 'Awe sh!t, they’re up!''
- But you strut into the office like...
'When you walk up to opportunity's door, don’t knock it. Kick that b*tch in, smile and introduce yourself.'
- Your boss gives you some tough feedback.
'Success isn't always about greatness, it’s about consistency. Consistent, hard work gains success. Greatness will come.'
- You're barely making enough to cover rent, let alone to pay off those student loans.
'In 1995 I had in my pocket and knew two things: I’m broke as hell and one day I won’t be.'
- You hit your 2 p.m. wall and everything is terrible.
'Success at anything will always come down to this: focus and effort, and we control both.'
- You have to stay late to finish a big project.
'There is no substitute for hardwork. Always be humble and hungry.'
- You run into your ex-boo and his new boo at the grocery store. Gavin Alaoen/MTV News
'Not only do I think being nice and kind is easy, but being kind, in my opinion is important.'
- You get home, and you feel ~ inspired ~ to do something active.
'Think back 5 years ago. Think of where you’re at today. Think ahead 5 years about what you want to accomplish. Be unstoppable.'
- But you end up binging on four episodes of 'Gilmore Girls' instead.
'One of the most important things you can accomplish is just being yourself.'
- You go to bed feeling decidedly less #overit.
'Wake up determined. Go to bed satisfied.'
Happy birthday, big guy!