Meet Mystery Dancer Who Choreographed Justin Biebers Sorrymusic Video
While Justin Bieber's basking in the positive fan responses to his latest single, 'Sorry', I've been at work looping the song's dance video again and again and again . From the vibrant and colorful styles worn by the dancers, to those fierce and crisp dance moves, this clip will make you want to bust out some killer steps (and believe that you can).
And you can thank Parris Goebel -- she's the one dressed all in black and draped in gold -- who choreographed the entire video along with ReQuest, the all-female hip-hop dance crew from Auckland, New Zealand. Parris is definitely not new to the dance scene but after the Justin video, my prediction is there'll be an even bigger appetite for this Kiwi's hip-hop style. Get to know the New Zealand dance queen with these fun facts!
- At the age of 15, Parris started the dance group ReQuest . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw6k6Ma0oqo
ReQuest is just one of seven dance crews within the 'Royal Family'; they are very familiar with winning dancing championships .
- She's worked with J.Lo. https://instagram.com/p/lrcUdFGuIg/?taken-by=jlo
She not only choreographed Jennifer Lopez's music video 'Goin' In' but also choreographed Lopez's Dance Again World Tour .
- Lorde has love for her fellow Kiwi. https://instagram.com/p/n4uZUfCWXm/
The 'Royals' singer even tweeted Parris after Bieber's music video premiered.
- Her choreo skills have been noticed globally https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k12WZ0UgvhE
Even K-Pop sensations like TaeYang have requested that Parris choreograph their dance videos.
- Parris and ReQuest destroyed Beyoncé's 711. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ik9Ni5P5w
I mean, DESTROYED!
- Her parents supported her dreams. https://youtu.be/r2aHfDgtZpY?t=4m53s
At a young age, Parris' father told his daughter that she didn't have to return to school, telling her '' go and be a dancer. ''
- She's choreographed for Nicki Minaj
The biggest thank you to @nickiminaj. You have impacted my life more than you will ever know. My heart is overflowing with gratitude. Thank you for trusting me and allowing me to be apart of this amazing creation. No one can whine and roll like you?. Can't wait til next time mama.?????????????? #ThePinkPrintTOUR #EPIC
A photo posted by Parris Goebel (@parrisgoebel) on Mar 21, 2015 at 2:22am PDT
- And for Nicki's 'Feeling Myself,' featuring Queen Bey
Ahhhhhhh!!? I am so honoured to have my choreography on @nickiminaj and @beyonce Feelin myself clip!!! Go check it out on Tidal??? Nicki went innnn. So proud of you ma!??? shoutout to my girls @dellaaaalicious & @janabthompkins killin it next to her. I feel blessed?❤️✨ #Feelinmyself #Queens #ParrisGoebelchoreography
A video posted by Parris Goebel (@parrisgoebel) on May 18, 2015 at 3:12pm PDT
- She's mixed with Polynesian and proud ! https://instagram.com/p/7wN4f4iWUV/
- She wants to meet Oprah. https://instagram.com/p/7k43SbSS-M/?taken-by=oprah
But who doesn't?
- She's reportedly choreographing on Janet Jackson's latest tour . Alexander Tamargo/Getty Images
Now that's that's pleasure principle.
- She's the ambassador for Nike New Zealand https://instagram.com/p/rJFne0iWUP/?taken-by=parrisgoebel
- She's a very proud auntie!
It's not #WCW but here are mine. My two beautiful sisters with their beautiful children. This is what a real woman looks like to me. Not all the fakes rolling around on the Internet. They are real women. Strong, hard working, funny, thoughtful, creative, generous, confident and most importantly...loving. I'm so far away from being as amazing as them but thank you for being such beautiful examples to me. I'm struggling but this is real goals. ❤️ P.s. Please don't kill me for this.?? i love my family!?
A photo posted by Parris Goebel (@parrisgoebel) on Sep 27, 2015 at 4:11am PDT
I'm sure those kids will have the coolest dance lessons.