Ozzfest98 Announces Tentative Schedule
Already well ahead of the rest of the summer package tours, Ozzfest '98 has now announced a tentative itinerary that opens in Holmdel, New Jersey on July 3 and comes to an end a month later with an August 2 concert in the nation's capital.
The line-up for Ozzfest '98 has been pretty much set for some time, and will feature sets by Tool, Megadeth, Limp Bizkit, Soulfly, Coal Chamber, Sevendust, Two, the Melvins, Incubus, Snot, Ultraspank, Kilgore, System of a Down, Monster Machine, and, of course, the original metal madman himself, Ozzy Osbourne.
As we previously reported (see 'Ozzy Taps Limp Bizkit, Foos, Pantera, Slayer, Others For Ozzfests' ), in addition to the stateside tour, Ozzfest '98 will also play a single date in England on June 20 at the Milton Keynes Bowl outside of London.
Last year's Ozzfest was the surprise phenomenon of the summer, averaging a higher per show gross than any other
festival tour. This year's concert will also feature a novel first for the package festivals, with plans to converge with the Warped Tour for a single mega-show July 18 in Minneapolis.
The tentative dates for Ozzfest '98 are:
- 7/3 - Holmdel, NJ @ PNC Arts Center
- 7/6 - Wantaugh, NT @ Jones Beach
- 7/7 - Boston, MA @ Great Woods
- 7/9 - Hershey, PA @ Hershey Stadium
- 7/11 - Camden, NJ @ Entertainment Center
- 7/12 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Starlake
- 7/14 - Akron, OH @ Rubber Bowl
- 7/16 - Indianapolis, IN @ Deer Creek
- 7/18 - Minneapolis, MN @ Sommerset Park
- 7/19 - East Troy, WI @ Alpine Valley
- 7/23 - Detroit, MI @ Pine Knob
- 7/25 - St. Louis, MO @ Riverport
- 7/26 - Kansas City, MO @ Sandstone
- 7/28 - Columbus, OH @ Polaris Amphitheater
- 7/30 - Atlanta, GA @ Lakewood Amphitheater
- 8/1 - Raleigh, NC @ Walnut Creek
- 8/2 - Washington, DC @ Nissan Pavilion