Scream Heres What Red Carpet Looked Like 19 Years Ago
Fashion has come a very long way since ' Scream ' first premiered in theaters in December 1996. Almost 20 years later, we're now into crop tops, oversized plaid shirts, dark black lipstick, bike shorts -- oh no, wait. This all sounds familiar. And hey, 'Scream' is coming back, too, as a show on MTV this summer -- on June 30, in fact! So, it works out.
Looking for even more fashion inspo from the '90s? You could do a lot worse than what Courteney Cox , David Arquette , Drew Barrymore, Neve Campbell , Skeet Ulrich and the rest of the 'Scream' cast were wearing on that fateful red carpet. Although... maybe think twice about your choice of hats. Just as a general rule.
- Famke Janssen looked fabulous. Getty Images
Man, does she look different when she's not a redhead -- or a mutant.
- And so did Neve Campbell. WireImage
- Not so much for Skeet Ulrich, though. WireImage
*tips hat* M'lady.
- Reese Witherspoon wandered here from class or something. WireImage
She looks kind of a college freshman lost on the quad, but MAN does it work for her.
- Michael Rappaport dressed up for the occasion. WireImage
Celebs -- they chew their sweatshirt pulls just like us!
- The Zappas came by. WireImage
They weren't even in the movie, but you know what? Who's gonna refuse somebody named 'Moon-Unit?'
- Angie Everheart and Ashley Hamilton happened. WireImage
That relationship may not have lasted but that coat Angie's wearing is timeless, right?... RIGHT?
- Courteney Cox and David Arquette were... wearing clothes. WireImage
Wow, that's a jacket.
- Let's see the inside! WireImage
Y i k e s.
- David Schwimmer and Matt LeBlanc stopped by. WireImage
The cast of 'Friends' showed up to support their buddy Courtney Cox!
- Plus, Matthew Perry ! WireImage
'Can you BE-lieve I'm here right now?' (Admit it, you read that in the sarcastic Chandler voice)
- Linda Blair was the fanciest drum major WireImage
I mean, I'D follow her in a parade.
- Matthew Lillard was pre-emptively channeling Theon Greyjoy. WireImage
C'mon, tell me you don't see the resemblance.
- Jamie Kennedy looked unrecognizable WireImage
And not in that way he looks unrecognizable when he's wearing a disguise and trying to prank people.
- While Bijou Phillips looked perf. WireImage
You could definitely get that same look at an Urban Outfitters RIGHT now if you wanted.
- And Rose McGowan is clearly immortal. WireImage
Oh look, she's EXACTLY THE SAME.
- Seriously though, LOOK at her. WireImage
This is when she stopped aging, right? 1996?
- And, of course, Drew Barrymore! Wireimage
She only attended the London premiere and not the LA one, but c'mon. Look at that dress.
- Wait, what’s so funny, Neve? WireImage
Is it Skeet’s hat? It’s definitely Skeet’s hat.
'Scream' premieres on MTV on June 30.