Sorry Cinderella These Are 13 Most Important Shoes Cinema History
Shoes are important. They protect your feet from the elements, look really effing cool and sometimes, change your life. From a fresh pair of Nike MAGs to a dainty pair of ruby red slippers, good footwear has the potential to change everything -- just as our girl Cinderella.
In Disney's ' Cinderella ,' Cindy's lone glass slipper sent Prince Charming on a kingdom-wide search for the girl who captivated his heart at the ball. And thanks to the Fairy Godmother's excellent taste in shoes, Cinderella and Prince Charming lived happily ever after. While no one knows exactly when a women's love affair with shoes began, there's no doubt that Cinderella's fairy tale ending helped teach us about the important of statement footwear.
So to celebrate Disney's live-action 'Cinderella' hitting theaters this weekend, we're taking a look back at some of the most iconic shows in cinematic history --- from Cindy's glass slippers to Carrie Bradshaw's beloved Manolo Blahniks.
- Dorothy's Ruby Red Slippers, 'The Wizard of Oz'
Pretty? Yes. Would they leave a trail of glitter behind you? Yes, and therefore, they must be destroyed.
- Beatrix Kiddo's Yellow Kicks, 'Kill Bill' Miramax
We appreciate her taste in sensible footwear.
- Marty McFly's Nike MAG Sneakers, 'Back To The Future'
Yes. So much yes.
- Claire's Chic Brown Boots, 'The Breakfast Club'
Sure, they may be a bit basic, but that doesn't mean we're not obsessed with them.
- Vivian Ward's Over-The-Knee Leather Boots , 'Pretty Woman'
For a prostitute, Vivian had excellent taste.
- The Dude's Jelly Sandals, 'The Big Lebowski'
Fact: they are not as comfortable as they look.
- Ellen Ripley's Reebok Sneakers, 'Alien'
They're still on our wish list.
- Sandy's Red Heels, 'Grease'
Only bad girls wear red heels, obviously.
- Carrie Bradshaw's Blue Manolo Blahniks, 'Sex and the City' HBO
Who needs a ring when you have a pair of Manolos?
- Cher's Purple Clogs, 'Clueless' Paramount Pictures
Cher may have been the queen of pairing Mary Janes with knee high socks, but it was a pair of purple clogs that were truly important. Any time anyone asks you what you did at school today, you should just respond, 'I broke in my purple clogs.' You may not see them on screen, but that doesn't make them any less important.
- Benny's PF Flyers, 'The Sandlot'
They even come with a lifetime guarantee to make kids 'run faster and jump higher.'
- Andrea's Black Chanel Boots, 'Devil Wears Prada'
Nothing says 'I'm really effing good at my job' more than a brand new pair of Chanel boots.
- Pee-Wee's White Loafers, 'Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure'
Because why not?