This Halloween Diy Costume Is Hard Core Channeling Anglerfish Fromfinding Nemo
Store-bought costumes are great if you're in a time crunch or not very artistic. However, DIY costumes can really show off someone's artistic skills, as well as their creativity.
On Sunday, Reddit user VonRainbowpants uploaded a link from Imgur showing the process of making an anglerfish mask that actually lights up. After hearing the word 'anglerfish,' I'm instantly reminded of the big brute from ' Finding Nemo .' You know the one.
- Apparently, a balloon, paper mache and masking tape were involved to bring the creature to life. http://imgur.com/z8gzLXP
- Even when the mask is in the middle of construction, it's still super unnerving. http://imgur.com/N98Y4AS
- Ping pong balls were used for eyes. http://imgur.com/SwxkY6U
- To make the fish's eyes and the little ball on the top of its head (aka the esca ) light up, lots of LED lights were used. http://imgur.com/8ZD70D3
- And, voilà! Here's the finished product. http://imgur.com/2PSCFSt
- TBH, this thing would definitely creep me out if I saw it at night. http://imgur.com/xAD5h4i
- Here's how it looks lit up in the dark. So badass. http://imgur.com/4d7GFOz
- Yep, this totally wins the DIY Costume Award. Look out, Marlin and Dory! http://imgur.com/JA5Q6QQ
If you'd like to see all the step-by-step photos, click here .Disney