This Is What Thesisterhood Traveling Pantspremiere Looked Like 10 Years Ago
2005 was an iconic year. Britney Spears won her first (and only) Grammy, 'Grey's Anatomy' premiered on ABC and ' Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants ' came into our lives and embedded itself into our hearts as one of the most seminal films of the new millennium.
'Sisterhood' was a coming-of-age story about unlikely four best friends -- Tibby ( Amber Tamblyn ), Bridget ( Blake Lively ), Lena ( Alexis Bledel ) and Carmen ( America Ferrera ) -- who discover a pair of jeans that magically fits each of them perfectly. The film was the epitome of #squadgoals; it inspired young girls to be themselves and champion their best friends. Even better: the 'Sisterhood' squad are actually real-life BFFs.
In honor of the film's 10th anniversary on June 1, we're taking a look back at the 'Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants' premiere and the red carpet fashion that was all that rage back in 2005. #TBT.
- First thing's first, it was magical.
- The squad rolled out looking ***flawless.
- America Ferrera slayed.
- Alexis Bledel looked like a literal angel.
- Blake Lively had accessories on fleek.
- Amber Tamblyn looked like a BO$.
- The premiere was cheetah-licious.
- Amber and Blake were red carpet besties.
- Amber took selfies before they were cool.
- Emma Roberts was practically a fetus.
- And Victoria Justice was just a bb.
- Arielle Kebbel showed up in peak-2005 form.
Wide belts or bust.
- Ashley Tisdale channeled her inner Sharpay Evans.
- But no one had more fun than Amber Tamblyn.
- Okay, maybe Blake Lively had a great time too.
- Alexis and Amber were homegirls from the very beginning.
- #SquadGoals since 2005. Getty Images
- Perfect in every way. Getty Images
- Hey, remember what Shia LaBeouf looked like 10 years ago?