Watch Adele Destroywhen We Were Youngonsaturday Night Live
Fresh off the record-breaking release of her album 25 , Adele appeared on Saturday Night Live to perform Hello and When We Were Young. While Adele didn’t appear in any sketches, she also played a big role in the funniest sketch of the night, a spoof where Hello is the only thing a family can agree on over Thanksgiving dinner... And each member of the the family also managed to turn into Adele over the course of the sketch.https://www.youtube.com/embed/e2zyjbH9zzA
It was also Matthew McConaughey ’s first time hosting since 2003, back when he appeared with the Dixie Chicks. In his monologue, McConaughey explained the origins of his signature catchphrase (alright, alright, alright) and his experiences during his breakout role in Dazed and Confused.
Here are some of the episode's other highlights:
- This photo of Adele watching the 'Hello' sketch backstage. Adele
Adele spent the show giving us looks behind the scenes on Instagram .
- Aidy Bryant's transformation into Adele.
Unlike Adele in the video for 'Hello,' Bryant's no match for the heavy winds.
- Jon Hamm, Emma Stone, and more audition for 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens.'
J.J. Abrams cameoed to introduce the 'screen tests' for the latest film in the 'Star Wars' franchise, which included stars Daisy Ridley and John Boyega and featured Hamm, Stone, Michael Buble, and celebrity impersonations of Sofia Vergara (Cecily Strong), Javier Bardem (Beck Bennett), and David Beckham (Taran Killam) bicycle-kicking BB-8.
- Bobby Moynihan as George Lucas and Danny DeVito. http://lastvhs.tumblr.com/
The 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' sketch was stolen by Moynihan as Lucas, trying to use The Force to secure a Coke Zero, as well as Danny DeVito auditioning for the role of the droid BB-8.
- McConaughey as the world's first 3D-printed man.
McConaughey gave his best performance of the evening in a sketch portraying a 3D-printed robot trying his best to appear normal next to real humans.
- 'Should You Chime In On This,' the game show we badly need in real life.
Kenan Thompson is at his absolute best when he's the one sane man surrounded by lunatics, as he is as the host of this game show 'where the answer should always be no.'
- Laura Parsons, the child actress who performs headlines she doesn't understand.
Vanessa Bayer stole Weekend Update with her performance as a child actress who doesn't understand the very adult stories she's brought on to read.
- ...And Adele absolute crushed 'When We Were Young.'
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!