Watch Adele Impersonate Herself
All over the world, millions of music lovers are sobbing into their pillows while listening to Adele 's long-awaited new album, 25 . And while the Brit singer’s penchant for waterwork-inducing ballads is the stuff of legend, she also has quite the cheeky sense of humor. It doesn’t always get translated into her music, but it’s there — and BBC has a new, hilarious skit to prove it.
With the help of some bizarre-looking prosthetics, Adele transformed herself into 'Jenny,' a soft-spoken nanny who moonlights as an Adele impersonator. She sports a fake chin, fake nose, black gloves to cover her tattoos, and even changes up her walk. All in all, it’s a hella convincing disguise.
With the help of host Graham Norton, Jenny manages to fool an entire flock of black-clad Adele impersonators. She plays the bit flawlessly: pretending to have stage fright, sneering she’s takin’ her time when the backstage chat turns to 25 , and even purposely missing her cue onstage.
But then it’s time for the big reveal, and it’s completely hilarious and heartwarming.
Let's recap these amazing reactions:
- The realization comes slowly and then all at once for the Adele wannabe on the left.
- But the one on the right was convinced 'it's not' her. YouTube
- Until she finally pieced it together and then lost her dang mind. YouTube
- Disbelief: the proper reaction. YouTube
- Jaws on the floor: also the proper reaction. YouTube
- 'That note!' Yep, once the real Adele opens up her mouth, there's no question who that voice belongs to. YouTube
- Then all the Adeles joined in for a beautiful singalong. YouTube
- And a joyful standing ovation was definitely in order. Well done, Jenny. YouTube